Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Friend is in an abusive household ?

I have a friend who lives across the country who has extremely abusive parents both verbally and physically. I want to get them out and i need help. They said they tried to call cps but when they do, their family leaves the state. And when they try to run away, they get found and get hurt by their parents. I've heard some of this over phone calls with them and it's terrible. Please let me know if there's anything i can do.

3 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    You can tell your friend to stop trying to call CPS and to just call the police. The kind of physical abuse that gets a child removed from the home is the business of the cops. Then they'll assign a social worker and that person will open a case to investigate the parents and potentially remove your friend from the home. 

  • T J
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    When the parents get physical, they need to call the police. It will give cps something to work with.

  • 2 months ago

    Ok, so some of this story doesn't add up. You say when "they" call cps, the family leaves the state? That doesn't make sense because cps usually arrives very quickly and how would the parents even know when someone calls to report on them in the first place? And who is "they"? Who is actually calling to report the parents? If the kids are in school also the parents can't just keep running and running which would be expensive and the kids would constantly have to be changing schools. So you see my point, this story has some holes that don't add up. If the children are in danger they can go directly to the police or their school and request an immediate emergency change that will place them in an immediate foster home or with another family member pending an investigation. The kids can do this and if the police find cause, they can replace those kids that same day until they finish their investigation or find another solution. My point is, those kids hold the power but they need to be strong and be ready to take that leap. You can call cps yourself and report this stuff, but ultimately those kids will need to tell the investigators the truth. It won't be easy, but neither is being abused. Tell your friends to be strong and to leave their home and find a safe place to call the police and to be strong when the police arrive. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.