Steven
Steven asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

What does blocking a user do?

As i would rather not get involved with personal remarks or insults or comments, and simply skip and ignore questions or answers i do not like, rather than get personally involved, i would like to know if there is another way to deal with a problem i have.

The problem is i have a user that replies to almost every question i ask. (perhaps my fault a little as i ask wayy to many questions... but hey, thats not crime of the century?).

But anyway, this user does not actually answer my questions, but merely responds to give me advice (patronise me) by advising me to take my meds and reminding me to go and see a doctor and encouraging me not to use this site.

So obviously i am causing the person a problem.

However i do not wish to report the person.

I want to find another way to solve the issue.

If i block them, will that stop them from seeing my questions, and prevent them from answering? This way i will not be upsetting them anymore as they cannot see my questions.

And if they block me, does that prevent them from seeing my questions? Perhaps i could advise the user to simply block me?

What does blocking do?

• Daniel
    Favorite Answer

Blocking a User Prevents them from being able to Answer your Questions and be able to Comment on your Answers (If comments were turned on)

dont know actually

Blocking a user makes it impossible for that person to see your question and answer history, but it won't make your questions invisible. That user will still be able to see your questions (if you post using your own avatar and not anonymously) but won't be able to reply to your questions. If you're receiving answers from someone you don't want to receive answers from, blocking is definitely the best way to go. You could suggest that the person block you, but for all you know, the person already has. And to do that, you'd have to call that person out by name which would be a violation.   

• ?

It blocks them from answering your questions and blocks you from choosing their answers as best/favorite answer if THEY do NOT block you. 

They CAN see your questions Blocking someone does NOT block them from seeing your questions. You made a false assumption. Do NOT delude yourself. They are harassing and insulting you and point gaming. All blocking does is block them from posting NON answers to your questions and you from choosing their answer as best answer. 

By NOT reporting them you are enabling them. It's your choice, but if you decide to use reverse psychology on them you risk getting into negative emotional revenge feedback cycle and you could be stalked for Years like I have been for 12 YEARS and counting.