Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

What is the best brand for seasoning ?

I use McCormick And love them but they are getting a bit expensive 

Years ago I slowly converted all my spices to McCormick so they would all look fancy and consistent., but honestly I usually just refilled them with Walmart brand.

I am not lying to you when I tell you I get my spices from the dollar store. They are just as good as name brand and a hell of a lot cheaper. To be truthful, I get a lot of pantry items from the dollar store. I am all about saving money where I can.

• kswck2

The problem with McCormick is that you just do not have any way of knowing when they were actually bottled. So it may well have been sitting in a warehouse or on a shelf for a few months by the time you buy it. 

I only use Penzey's spices. It is online. And they have the Freshest herbs and spices of nearly anyone else. 

Some spices Can be very expensive, but the ones that usually are, are the ones you need very little of for a dish. 

Club House is one of my favourite brands!

You can get the seasonings in packets (usually 5 for $5) or you can get them mini bottles or large containers depending on how much of it you really need.

I wouldn't say its too overpriced, you can usually find good deals for them every now and then.