Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

What does it mean if you have no motivation to do anything but you aren't depressed?

I'm on antipsychotic medication. It makes me feel dead inside and so I just lie in bed all day.

Favorite Answer

It depends on which antipsychotic you're on and the dosage but with time you should get some motivation back but you'll never feel how you did before you were on meds. I've had enough of meds after 25 years of first and second generation antipsychotics sometimes at very high doses and even being made to take 3 of them - risperidone, olanzapine and a depixal depot injection - at the same time. I'm currently meant to be on 300mg quetiapine and it made me gain 70lb so I finally had enough and weaned myself off it and lost the weight. I hated that I couldn't feel real happiness or joy and just ate and slept and wandered round in a miserable hazy fog. 

I've also stopped my escitalopram antidepressant and although I do get some dark lows I can now feel real joy, love and excitement and I can ask for help from friends when I have suicide thoughts. Luckily my most recent manic episode only lasted 10 weeks or so and I may be still a little hypomanic but there was no psycotic delusions this time and just a few hallucinations. I'm lucky that I have my friends to monitor my behaviour and make sure that I don't dissapear abroad or end up buying everyone drinks and dancing in a short skirt on the tables in a bar or having random sex with creeps. I do self medicate with xanax I buy through google (not the dark web) and 0.5mg of it knocks me out for 12 hours. It hasn't killed me yet but there's a good chance it's not xanax. I'm careful to over ever it twice a weeks but try to use it once a month if I can to avoid developing a physical dependence.

Same. It gets easier as time goes by. I've been on them for over 2 years and I feel better. I use to have hobbies and lost interest when first put on meds but now I'm getting back into stuff. I'm interested in stuff and look forward to the future.