Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

What did I do wrong?

Two people in my life told me, "I treated you like you mean nothing to me, because you do mean nothing to me." and "All you wanted was to be my friend and I was never there." What am I doing or not doing that makes it so hard for people to like me?

maybe you should ask that person what they meant by that

• ?

Sounds like they're saying this because they know you're easy going and you will question yourself rather than give it back to them. 'Mean nothing'? Thank them for their honesty and then tell them that they will be very happy that you're wiping them from your life! How rude and offensive is it to tell someone they are nothing?? Not everyone is going to 'like you'. That is life. Just as you don't like everyone. The only difference is, is that you're not nasty about it!! Avoid these people - for whatever sick reason they come up with, they are just putting you down. Life is hard enough without having people like that to put up with!

• Cogito

It's not possible to tell what, if anything, you're doing wrong, just from your question.

• Jake

You haven't valued yourself over others. Once you see how amazing your own self worth is those people will become irrelevant.