Why do lots of people on Y!A answer questions half assed, not really caring?

This is an advice website where people need help. They appreciate serious helpful answers on questions that they are asking seriously. I can see why people would make jokes and give zero cares on trolling questions, but they do it even on people asking serious questions seeking for advice. I’m assuming they’re doing this just to rank in points on this site to level up, but what the heck is the point of having that level 7 title if you’re not truly interested in helping others with their problems? I rarely see people on here actually putting effort into their answers and I find it sad. And the people who answer both half assed AND insensitive, I just find that very rude and disrespectful. Why aren’t there more kind people on this site willing to actually give good advice?

Also if people are going to be blunt and “tell it how it is” with answering, at least put more than 3 words for an answer. A few sentences at least would be nice.

• .

They do it because they can. There is no public site online that members don't try to abuse (some are just better moderated than others). When you see a violation, report it. Complaining about abuse of the site changes nothing, nor do such questions add any value to the site. 

• Daniel

They just want the Easy 2 Points they don't really care about the Question that much Sadly 

• LAN

Because of the stupid questions people ask, like this chat violation of yours.

We usually answer questions in the same spirit they were asked.  Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.  As for answer length, brevity is sometimes the soul of wisdom, (or at least wit).

YA IS NOT AN ADVICE WEB SITE. It  NOT a Chat site, message or discussion board or a platform for editorials, propaganda or lectures orvDear Abby 9r Ann meanders advice. . YA supposed to be a question answer web site with a STRICT question answer format.  

Very few people are going to read your entire RANT because It IS NOT a question. It is a statement. All I get for the time I spent answering this question is 2 measly points and an aching right knee and chilly feet.