amex asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

how do I ask my parents to take me to therapy ?

I want to ask  my parents to take me to therapy but I feel guilty,  because I know it's expensive and my life is not as bad as other people. I feel like I am being dramatic but I just wanna know what to solve some issues I have. Is that wrong of me? and how should I ask?

you turn your body three times, do one jumping jack and conclude with jazz hands...then ask. IT works every time..

If you have trouble talking with your parents about this, one thing that might help is getting a good book. When your mother or father asks about it, this could get a conversation started, and the book could give them some information about what therapy is. There's an author whose writing has been shown to help teenagers in an experiment, psychiatrist David Burns.  Authoritative Guide to Self-Help Resources for Mental Health is based on polls of more than 3,000 mental health professionals. The book recommended above all by professionals is The Feeling Good Handbook by Dr Burns. 

You can get a used copy of the book at Amazon for about a dollar.

You can't go wrong with stress management. It's something we all need. This has details about lifestyle choices that help with stress - nutrition, basic lifestyle things like sleep, exercise, and social support, also traditional Asian methods. You can talk about these with your parents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEM_jlDRZI

Youtube thumbnail