Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Do you dye your grey hair and why do you dye it? If you don't have grey hair yet, will you dye it?

• kelvin

no i don't as i have earned all of those grey hairs

I have never dyed my hair, because I'm afraid to spoil them. If you often dye your hair in youth, then gray hair may appear earlier....

My 91 year old grandma dyes her hair brown, to look younger!

Maybe... I would like to dye it to white colour... Because I like white colour... 

There is no grey hair. The "grey" hair strands people get as they age are actually WHITE. 

True grey can only be achieved with a colour application. 

I don't dye my white hairs, and I have a lot of them.

If my hair turned completely gray, I would probably dye it. 

When I was younger I always assumed I would dye it as I got more and more grey because white hair in dark mouse blonde looks kind of sad and depressing. Over the years I've dyed my hair a rainbow of colors  from pale platinum to almost black and everything between. It seems no big deal to dye the grey when it finally came in. What I didn't expect was that as some hair went silver grey  the rest of my hair went from dark mouse blonde back to the light blonde of my childhood. I now have gold and silver hair and it looks quite nice. Occasionally I will dye everything blonde, especially when I give sewing and design workshops or I'm doing videos. I use a semi permanent dye that washes out gradually and my hair goes back to gold and silver. I'm tempted to try something bold again. In spring I'm thinking of adding some bronze and copper to the mix. Then I can be a true metal head and \m/ rock on! \m/

• I don't like my natural hair color and I don't like feeling older then I am, when I see grey hairs. I was dying my hair before I had grey hair. I color it to feel younger, or to change up my look and more confident about the way I look. 

no, i do not and dye it black because it looks best on me. also because it fades quickly at the roots and then my roots are brown again.