Did I get the job or not?

So I had a phone interview with my previous supervisor and another manager in the department. She said although I'm a rehire I still have to go through the whole process. I did my phone interview and she said the HR lady I've been working will contact me with the next steps. She basically said the on boarding process is the same. Does this mean I got the job or not? I'm nervous because I had to quit this job but I left on good terms.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Good career online courses from https://newskillsacademics.com/

• 2 months ago

It sounds as if you're going to be hired although no actual job offer has yet been made.

• Unless they offered you the job, you didn't get the job yet. 

As they said you have to go through the hiring process again. 

If you're allowed to follow up with a phone call, ask if they're still interested in moving forward with you.

• Eva
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

They haven't given you the job yet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It means that you've completed one phone interview.  If you are hired, you'll be given an offer letter with a title, salary, and start date.  Until that time, you are merely a candidate under consideration.  

Many companies defer contact with candidates to the HR department.  The "next steps" could be an offer, another interview, asking for references or a drug test, or telling you that they've selected someone else.  

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You have already been told there is a 'next process' so they haven't offered you the job the interview process is still going on

• 2 months ago

You do not get the job yet.  You might get it, but not yet.  You have to wait longer.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

iT means HURRY UP AND WAIT;

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.