Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

I just give up, I can't do this anymore?

My aunt had help me registered for my classes on 8/4. When school started on 8/24 I had went on the website to do my classes they said I wasn't enrolled in any classes. I had called advising center and other staff members and they wasn't helping me at all, kept telling me to call other people. I sent them emails none of the emailed me back.when I tried to re-reister for my classes I kept telling me to remove my classes, it wouldn't let me register at all saying I had to do my financial aid when I did it last school year.

I asked my aunt to help me again she keep saying she would but never helps me, and my grandfather tried to help me and yelled and fussed at me talking about this was all my fault.Here it it's now November to register for next semester spring 2021. My grandaunt helped me do my financial aid and she said you good. I tried to re-register again it was still doing the same thing would let me register telling me to remove it's my only option. I called one of the advising centers that wanted us a man email and phone number. I waited a hour for him to answer and he never did, I also emailed him and he haven't emailed me back.

I called the actual advising center to the school, she had sent me an email saying they would sent me a form and help me register for my classes but they haven't sent an email back either, man this is just killing me nobody can't help me, I can't take this anymore I might as well be homeless for the rest of my life.

The reason why you are having trouble is because you need to find a college counselor. Get some help!

I just give up.   I can't do this anymore.

Please don't take this as an insult.  I'm being realistic.  You might want to look into a trade school.  Your English skills are poor -- bad grammar, bad sentence structure -- and I think you would be struggling at college.  

Do you have a question?

Rant.  T.O.S. violation.  REPORTED! 

You had did something rong.

I am so sorry, try to find a school counselor, it happen to a family member on mine

Long shot answer, but my school makes us do a sexual assault prevention module online: if its not done by a certain date, they wont let you register or whatever.  

Did you see any window confirming your enrollment in classes?  Are you sure that when your aunt helped you, you were actually enrolled??  Next time, print a confirmation email for proof (and peace of mind).  

What do registrations instructions tell you?  You need to follow them literally.

Keep calling/ emailing, listen to their answers and follow their advice.  Or ask your relatives when they're not distracted and relaxed.

• ?

Time to make an appointment and TALK TO THESE PEOPLE IN PERSON. Make sure to bring all your documents. When you're there, make sure someone can actually walk you through the registration process to show you how to do it. In fact, while you're there, get them to register you for ALL your courses.

When you talk to them, be calm, but be PERSISTENT. This is your education, and it's very important.

Good luck.

• drip

In the USA? You do FASFA , financial aid at the start of every school year. Each year.

Try getting a meeting with a college adviser to help you register. 

You might do better if you ask another student to help you. Do you know a college student.

Realize that administration is dealing with hundreds of students and issues right now. 

Sounds like you need to remove the classes you registered for in August. Then register for Spring semester.

So what is your question mate ?