Anonymous

How to decline a job right after you were hired for it? ?

• RP

Explain you are unable to accept the job and, if asked, describe what happened that cause this change.

• ?

You're not declining the job, you're quitting / resigning, because you were hired. Just tell them you want to quit / leave and you're not coming back. Don't bother using them on your resume or as a reference if you were only there for a few days / few weeks. 

Declining an offer is for when you've been hired, but you don't want to take another job offer. 

• Lizzie

Even if you have started going to this new job, at any time you can go up to your new boss and let them know "I am sorry but this is not what I expected", or "Sorry another role just came up and I'm going to have to take it". 

I've met a person once start a job and after 2 days resigned because of a better offer. It happens.. and the same way that a job can fire you at any time, you too can also walk away.

Let them know as soon as possible if you're not going to be able to accept the job as their Human resources dept. is working on doing all your paperwork and so forth, so that they can stop what they're doing and continue the interview/hiring process for the role.

Just don't respond. Or call & say you changed your mind. Not rocket science.