Which is the best dish soap?

I am looking for a dish soap that cuts the grease, but at the same time doesn't damage the dish gloves I am using or harm my body!  One that has no scent, the ones I have now leave a residue and I have to soak all my dishes before I could eat in them! I spoiled several meals when I didn't do this, I would take a bit and all I tasted was the dish soap and I already rinse my dishes extremely well! 

I used Dawn for several years because some friends felt it was the best dish soap. I then happend to notice a couple different assembly instruction sheets that both recommended the same detergent if a specific part got dirty or greasy that had to be perfectly clean, Palmolive dish soap. I was sure Dawns was the best dish soap but got some Palmolive to compare it to Dawn. It was pretty clear that the Palmolive actually cut grease considerably better that Dawn. I switched and told the people who recommended the Dawn and they tried it too. Now we both use Palmolive.

i bet you got " hard " water . 

I just use Dawn. I think you can get it in unscented, but not sure.

We use Palmolive Pure and Clean. It's colorless and unscented, and works fine. Be sure to not pick up the Lavender scented version by mistake (ick!).

I use Dr Bronner's Sal Suds, diluting it about 20:1 and keeping that solution in a squeeze bottle.  It has a very faint fir/spruce scent. Bonus: you can clean almost anything else with it too. Floors, walls, delicate laundry, your house siding.

• kswck2

Most of the brand names will work-sometimes the 'Generics' are more water than soap. 

My daughter started using the 'new" Dawn Power was stuff.  It dispenses in a foam.  She says it cuts grease better than any other soap she has used.  I buy whatever is on sale. Next time I buy dish soap I will buy the new Dawn stuff. Sounds like it would be perfect.

Original blue Dawn is the best.  Be sure to get the concentrated one.

Use Dawn soap. 

they all taste the same to me