Did anyone else read the Mulan book first and find the movie rather disappointing ?

That's what happened to me. I read the book first and then found that the movie actually had less content.

Favorite Answer

Most Disney movies are disappointing compared to the source material. They either completely change the tone (Elsa from Frozen was originally the villan but apparently once they wrote let it go and realized it would he a hit they changed the entire movie to add in other villains for her to stop) or they get rid of most of the stuff that made the original story great. 

That's often the case with books and movies made from them. The book has more room for plot and character development.

• Sandy

I didn't even know there was a book. I'll put it on my bucket list to read. Right now I'm pretty angry at the Chinese.