Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

What is your opinion of Richard Nixon?

Nixon seems pretty decent compared to Trump. He got the troops out of Vietnam.

He was a cynical man and lost soul who traded with the devil and started these race wars with his Southern strategy and the Watergate affair and bombing Vietnamese civilians despite his promises of ending the Vietnam war. Nixon was evil.

He's a first rate scumbag because of the Watergate scandal.

• ?

My first eligibility to vote was the 1972 election. I didn't know much about politics then but Nixon exuded an evil character. I predicted impeachment. He lied about being a crook. Add how he sabotaged the 1968 Vietnam peace talks to Watergate and that's one of the most evil presidents ever. With the Vietnam war extended, my life was jeopardized as eligible for the draft. Imagine reading the fate of your life in an afternoon newspaper w/ draft lottery results.

I would rank him as our third WORST President after Buchanan and the dingbat.  Down with the dingbat, all the way down.

The media don't like right wingers. Before my time but from what I read a great leader with no moral compass

Just another crooked Republican President, most Americans don't miss him.

• Sandy

His malfeasance was tiny potatoes compared to all the underhanded, treasonous **** by the DNC!

Absolutely brilliant . . . but personality twisted by some of the unfortunate circumstances of his impoverished childhood . . . and treatment by the press and others such as bestowed on Mr. Trump leading to some poor decisions.  The political "dirty tricks" on his behalf weren't unusual in the day and childsplay by today's standards - but his reputation tarnished by not immediately taking responsibility.