Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

What is your opinion of Richard Nixon?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Nixon seems pretty decent compared to Trump. He got the troops out of Vietnam.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

He was a cynical man and lost soul who traded with the devil and started these race wars with his Southern strategy and the Watergate affair and bombing Vietnamese civilians despite his promises of ending the Vietnam war. Nixon was evil.

• 2 months ago

He's a first rate scumbag because of the Watergate scandal.

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

My first eligibility to vote was the 1972 election. I didn't know much about politics then but Nixon exuded an evil character. I predicted impeachment. He lied about being a crook. Add how he sabotaged the 1968 Vietnam peace talks to Watergate and that's one of the most evil presidents ever. With the Vietnam war extended, my life was jeopardized as eligible for the draft. Imagine reading the fate of your life in an afternoon newspaper w/ draft lottery results.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I would rank him as our third WORST President after Buchanan and the dingbat.  Down with the dingbat, all the way down.

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

The media don't like right wingers. Before my time but from what I read a great leader with no moral compass

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Just another crooked Republican President, most Americans don't miss him.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

His malfeasance was tiny potatoes compared to all the underhanded, treasonous **** by the DNC!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Absolutely brilliant . . . but personality twisted by some of the unfortunate circumstances of his impoverished childhood . . . and treatment by the press and others such as bestowed on Mr. Trump leading to some poor decisions.  The political "dirty tricks" on his behalf weren't unusual in the day and childsplay by today's standards - but his reputation tarnished by not immediately taking responsibility.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.