Besides lust and gluttony, what sins pertain solely to one's own flesh?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

• 2 months ago

Well being a drunk basically anything that Is against Gods will

• 2 months ago

They are listed in Galatians 5:19 - 21 but the list is NOT exhaustive. There are more listed in other scriptures such as 1 Corinthians 6: 9 - 11 and 1 Timothy 1:9 and Revelation 21:8, 22:15.

Sins of the flesh merely refer to all the things we did when we were STILL in the flesh and not yet repentant, forgiven and born again of God: - that's why 1 Cor 6: 9 - 11 says, "AND SUCH WERE SOME OF YOU, but YOU WERE WASHED, YOU WERE JUSTIFIED, YOU WERE SANCTIFIED BY THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND BY THE SPIRIT OF OUR GOD" or words to that effect if I remember correctly

• 2 months ago

I don't think any sin pertains solely to one's own flesh. All sins are offenses against God, and so entail a lack of love for Him or obedience to Him. Also, lust usually involves the defilement (or desired defilement) of another person's body. 

That said, other sins which constitute an offence against your body would include suicide and deliberate, unjustified, self-harm.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

FORNICATION, SWEARING

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Technically all sin pertains to the flesh. The word sin refers to human fleshly imperfection. Its our flesh natures that tempt us to sin. 

Romans 8:5-10 KJV — For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.