Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 2 months ago

What is another way of saying to execute something?

Part of the sentence that I am trying to change is '... properly executed as a will'. What is another word that I can substitute 'execute' with?

You could use completed or confirmed a will.

• ?

You might consider "drawn" as a substitute.

• JAGC

Done, performed, achieved, completed, transacted, enacted, commited, perpetrated, carried on, conducted, acted, operated, taken action.

Are you trying to paraphrase? I know there's a common misunderstanding that paraphrasing means changing each word into a synonym. But that's not really the way to go about this. Do you understand what the sentence says? How would you say it to a friend if you were telling them what you had read? Put it that way. "His wishes were carried out, as he requested in the will." or "The requests in the will were fulfilled just as the person wanted." 

The only word I can think of for this would be 'distribute'. 

Formally constituted and put into action as a will.

• ?

try Dictionary.com for synonyms and definitions.

There is probably not one word that means the same as 'executed' in the context of will formation. The meaning is 'caused to have legal effect' or 'made legally effective' or 'done in a way that makes it legally enforceable'.

• ?

Fulfilled

Carried out

Accomplished