Pokestah asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Week 3 of gym, feeling super exhausted after a few minutes of cardio on treadmill.?

Im new to working out, but I have been at it for 3 weeks now. I always start with cardio and for the past 3 weeks I have been doing 2 and 3 miles run/jog on the treadmill, without getting overly exhausted. I do 1 day of rest each week.

This week however, has been super difficult. After stretching, I start by jogging and after a few minutes I just can't continue. I have to walk. Is this normal for beginners. I still push through and finish my 2 miles atleast, even if its just on and off walking/jogging.

I don't take any energy drinks/shakes, was trying to stay away from them, but if you guys have any recommendations I'm willing to try because this is making me really upset and I don't want to get in a mind set of quitting.

Im a 27, Female, 5'-6", 204lbs.... it it masters 

Matters**

• Barry
    Favorite Answer

With respect there are two reasons why you are tired.

1) you are unused to the exercise 

2) you are overweight

Exercise alone will not lose weight. You need to go on a sensible, healthy diet and ensure there is plenty of iron in the food.

Lastly let me congratulate and encourage you to continue with the exercising. Weigh yourself weekly and take a before and after picture so that we may drool over your new sexy shape.

• Sandy

try working out every other day. that will give your muscles time to rebuild your ATP levels.