Paul asked in SportsCycling · 2 months ago

How many miles on  a bike would I have to pedal to reach 1 mile I don’t see this information on the Internet at all?

• 14 hours ago

Bashing head against table or any convenient brick wall.  

• keerok

42 km.                     !

Yep, one mile is one mile. Next up: Where do you bury people living east of the Mississippi River? Answer: you don't bury living people.

• pmt853

A mile is a mile is a mile. Do you have a better question?

• ?

Depends on how much you wobble doing it.

• ?

Try double checking (proofreading) your question before posting.  Or, as Mark Twain wrote..."In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then he made proof-readers."  One mile is one mile (5280 feet) regardless if you're walking, riding a bicycle or driving a car.  

What I'm GUESSING you meant to ask is... "Who many times would a person have to PEDAL to reach 1 mile on a bicycle?"  That would depend on the terrain (flat, uphill or downhill), the rider's fitness level, the gear ratios available on the bike, the tire size & last - wind direction and speed.  If it was all downhill with a tailwind, the rider wouldn't have to pedal at all.  He or she could COAST the entire distance.  

Let's say you're on a road bike with a 34/50 compact crank and an 11-32, nine speed cassette on the rear.  You're in low gear up front (34) and a middle gear in the back (19).  The rear wheel would turn 1.79 revolutions for every one turn on the pedals (crank). https://datacranker.com/calculate-gear-ratio-chart...  Now...what's the TIRE SIZE?  Is it a 700X23 or a 700X25 or a 700X28?  How many feet would that tire travel in that particular gear per revolution?  I'll leave that up to you.  I'm not doing all your damn homework.  Duh! 🙄         

• Darla

It would be one mile. How much time depends on your speed. I did five miles in less than an hour. 

• ?

What are you asking? Are you asking how far do you need to ride to reach a mile or how far the chain will travel during a 1 mile ride?

depends on what gear you're in

1 mile. 1 mile on a bike is equal to 1 mile on any other form of transport.

Source(s): My bike