Asep
Asep asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Do all children go through a rebellious phase?

How do I avoid my future children from doing this?

One thing that helps is explaining why you expect them to behave a certain way. A lot of kids rebel because they feel like the rules & standards their parents are applying to them are arbitrary & hypocritical. I'm not saying they are arbitrary & hypocritical but that's how it seems when you're young & you don't know why you're being stifled.

Kids don't know why kids & adults follow different rules & they don't know why adults are angered by things that don't anger adults. Lines like "Because I said so." & "Because we're you're parents." should be avoided because it sounds like "There is no reason so, instead of changing your behavior, you should just stop getting caught."

No... keep an eye on who they idol and if that's the person she  or he wants to be like or be her or his own self..  .?     I choose his own self and new ideas for hope and peace... children of tomorrow...

Mine never did. My observation is that the parents who thought they could control their children, and were the most "blustering" had kids who rebelled. Here are my personal guidelines to parenting.

1. If you fuss at your children all the time, eventually they're going to figure out that they can't make you happy, so why try?

2. If you make a federal case out of it when they spill milk, what are you going to do when they're 16 and wreck the car? Don't sweat the small stuff (courtesy of Erma Bombeck)

3. If things are pleasant and fun when you're happy with your kids, they'll want to keep things that way. If things are never happy and pleasant at home, they won't care. 

Studies show that children who are spanked act out MORE and do worse at school than children who are not. When the people kids look to to protect them and nurture them turn around and hurt them, they lose all trust in those people. I never spanked- and mine won awards in school for good behavior and are now productive, happy adults. 

• edward

No. It just seemed like a waste of time.  And not a cool waste of time either.  I mean i have a motorcycle, i have a tattoo and memories of stupid things i did but i wouldn’t call it rebellious

As far as I know yes, but sometimes the rebellious phase can be delayed.

IMHO The trick isn't avoiding the rebellious phase, but teaching the child to make smart choices before it occurs.  Good Luck.

So far knock on wood, my kids did not!

Most children never really do mature past senior high zxk

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

avoid future children

• God

Many but not all do.  The first rebellious stage is the transition from infancy to childhood: The Terrible Twos".  The second rebellious stage is the transition from childhood to adulthood: the teen years. 

• !

Not all of them, but most of them. And you really cant stop your kids from doing it. Its just a part of growing up and becoming your own person