With all these new cell phones why do so many people rush to get the latest phone, yet no case with shatter screen protecting   ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

That's because people have an arrogant mentality. I still have my 3 year old phone that I will continue using until it doesn't work anymore.

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

the jones syndrome , they must have the latest as the friend has the latest ..

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

phones are not that expensive, and usually competent people can take care of them well enough to prevent the screen from cracking. Just throw a good case on it and you're usually fine. they wouldnt be able to invent a shatter proof screen because it's just glass.  but also if you break it, you have to buy a new one, so the cell phone companies make a lot of money by making their phones a bit fragile, but not TOO fragile.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I have never bought a case on any iphone yet, and I've had 5 of them now.  No reason for me, I like it thin and never dropped one yet because I'm not stupid or careless.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Why do people spend so much money on the latest iphone because it is thinner and lighter and then throw a 1 inch thick, 1 pound otter box case on it?

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Same exact reason so many people refuse to buy auto insurance, because they don't think THEY need it, and don't want to spend any more money. Because in their minds, the phone costs a lot of money, the plan costs a lot of money, especially if they are paying the phone off in monthly payments.

Now they have this higher than expected monthly payment, on top of rent, food, gas and utilities. And since they also didn't get cell phone insurance or a third party extended warranty, they are shocked when their phone gets damaged at the cost to replace the screen or phone itself, thinking that the standard warranty will get them a new phone. This is the main reason why you see so many people that have phones with cracked or shattered screens, they cheaped out. 

• 2 months ago

Everyone has the option of purchasing a screen protector.   

If they decide against it, that's their choice. 

However, screen protectors don't guarantee safety. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.