Need asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 3 months ago

What's this worth?

I found this amongst coins I've collected since I was a child. I heard something about her hair or something but I don't know how to research it. 

While these are not in circulation any longer, having been replaced by the loonie, there are still load of these around, so they aren't worth all that much, especially i the shape that one is.  It is worth hanging on to, as it will appreciate in value, but, this one is not all that old.  I spent lot of these in my life!

It's a Canadian Landscape banknote from the '50s. It looks like yours is a later print, after they fixed the "grinning demon" pareidolia that some saw in her hair.

Even if it is one of the pre-modified "Devil's Head" I can't imagine it being worth more than $10 in that condition. 

• ?

This guy talks about rare Canadian money - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnF15GFNLzg

Youtube thumbnail

Here's her hair