Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

How do long term prisoners become obese? Do they only have unhealthy food on offer?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, prison food tends to be cheap and carb laden. But also most convicts have access to a canteen where they can buy even more unhealthy food like instant ramen and such. 

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The lack of exercise is the biggest reason. 

• Dan
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Those prison meals include a dessert, just like school lunches and airline meals. I say if you committed a crime, you should not get dessert. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

KFC and alcohol gets delivered to some prisoners by corrupt screws. The cons arrange for them to be threatened outside work if they refuse service and at a prison local to me, officers were badly harassed when they tried to control illicit mobile phones. The easy life for officers is turn a blind eye, be corrupt, live in peace and eventually get their pension. Or be harassed and threatened outside work if they try to do their job properly. Of course, only a minority of prisoners are capable of this but the fact that any of them are shows that prisons are out of control. It's happened for a long time, in the 70's British TV comedy show called "Porridge", a gangster's cell was fitted out luxuriously - the makers of the programme were doing satire, making a joke of the truth.

@Dan, they only get cake because it's an easy way to put enough calories on people, it's not intended as a treat. It's not why they get fat sometimes, what I said above is why.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.