If I clear code for misfire piston would it come back on after 50 miles if still misfire?

My car over heats because of slow leak I put water in it it's fine every time I also have misfire piston but code hadn't come back my friend says it probably nothing because we just replaced coil pack ect I can't get to my car I'm at work right now but if it was piston causing overheat my Friend said the light would of come back by now I guess I'll find out 10 hrs after shift but does that sound right if it was piston causing overheat it would light check engine again?

A misfire will light up the check engine light instantaneously and blink. No delay at all. 

Your over heating explanation is too bizarre to understand. 

If you've been putting straight water into the cooling system you're going to ruin the water pump seal. Antifreeze has a lubricant for the seal to keep it from frying from friction. Get a block test done to find out if the headgasket is bad by now.

• ?

I suspect what you actually had was a misfire on that cylinder, not piston. If replacing the coil pack has cured that, you've reset the codes and it doesn't come back you've solved the problem.

The cooling issue is another matter. You need to get that dealt with, as adding just water will dilute the coolant and you'll lose its protection,  Furthermore, the slow leak may turn into a fast leak and you could be faced with serious overheating.

If the misfire returns I suggest you get a competent mechanic to look at it, as it's conceivable that the two matters are in fact linked through, perhaps, a failed head gasket or the like.

Not sure if you are equating the piston "misfire" and the overheat with a coolant leak. The first thing is to make sure you're not adding water enough to dilute the coolant requirements. I'd be addressing the coolant leak NOW because if you can't visibly/physically identify the "leak" you could have a bad head gasket, cracked head, or leaking intake manifold gasket which will cause overheating and a misfire in a cylinder. I suggest getting a coolant system pressure leak-down test maybe even followed up with a cylinder pressure test to ensure the head gasket or cracked head isn't an issue. 

As for the Check Light, it's possible what you've done is enough to clear a code (usually need to pull the battery cable or a fuse to do that) and if the problem is still present then yes the Check Light will trigger again. 

Hard to press enough how much risk you're creating with a leaking coolant system that can cause an overheat situation that has a high likelihood of warping a cylinder head or causing a gasket failure.