Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Isn't lockdown an extreme socialism because it forces society to sink to the lowest level to keep the sick, the old, the weak safe?

Yeah fu k everyone but me I hate being inconvenienced sometimes they should just die

Perhaps it is but what to do if isolation room is needed in the hospital to prevent spreading diseases...

"Extreme socialism" is how we pay for your roads, your public education, your stimulus check, etc

I look at it and see wearing masks and maintaining social distancing, along with a short lockdown, as a solution to reducing the rate of the spread of COVID-19. I also know that although the rate of deaths caused by this is higher in senior citizens, it is not restrictive to them. I would not recommend a long term shutdown as it would seriously cripple our economy for years to come.

The elderly helped build, maintain and protect everything around me. I don't see operating under some temporary restrictions for their sake as sinking to the lowest level.

• Jim2

First of all, Biden has said there will be no total lockdown. Secondly, ANYONE can get this disease. Last but not least, maybe you want your elderly parents dying, but most of us don't.

If y'all would just wear your damn masks we'd be back to normal by now.

No.  It doesn’t do that.  It’s no more socialist than enforcing drink driving laws or restricting monopolies.  Just because something (like say the military) supports the common good, doesn’t make them socialist.

why do you want to kill my grandma ? i think you are of a low level . 

People like you are why the pandemic is out of control.