Nasal sprays?

Which nasal spray is better: the natural saline spray or an decongestant?

I use a saline spray to keep my nose healthy after suffering from chronic sinusitis but maybe these sprays are not perfect for noses, they seem to have a high concentration of salt. I remember feeling a burning sensation the first time I used this spray.

Decongestants work for some people, but they can cause problems for people who have high blood pressure.  Ultimately, saline spray is free of risks.  However, you should ask your doctor what prescription sprays that he/she recommends for you.  

• Shay

If you are just looking for something to keep your nasal passages from being too dry then the saline spray is better.

If you ACTAULLY have CONGESTION - then you would want to use a decongestant nose spray.

DO NOT use a decongestant nose spray just to help with dry nostril issues.  You would be giving yourself medication that you don't need.  

• Andy C

Saline is ultimately safer.