I got a call from the police department? ?

Hi,

So I got a four consecutive calls from the police deparment this past Friday 11/20/20. 

The four calls were made in a span of 1 minute during the noon hours. When I recieved the calls, I ignored them because I typically don’t answer calls from numbers I don’t know. However, I know it was the police department because I google searched the number and it was from the local police department headquarters. It has been about 4 days now and I have not gotten a call from them ever since. Should I be concerned? If I was REALLY a suspect of a crime wouldn’t they have came knocking on my door by now? Just looking for thoughts on this. Thank you. 

There's no reason for me to get a call from or call one you stupid @$$holes ruined the relationships I actually needed first. I don't need sex that bad.

• ?

The police department's number could've been spoofed by scammers.  Call up the real one and see if they've really contacted you.  If they haven't, you should block it.  

You don't know it is was the police department because it's possible for someone to make a different phone number appear on your phone to fool you.

You should ask the police if they called.  If they did, you should ask why.

Sounds like you think you may be a suspect. They may be trying to contact you to tell you not to contact someone you have been contacting. If that is the case, you should let them relay that information to you. Otherwise, if you are suspect of a crime, do not talk to the police. Any defense attorney will tell you this. If they want to question you they are simply looking for you to fill in a few blanks and then arrest you. If they have enough to arrest you, believe me they will come find you without you saying a word anyway.

• L

Your feelings are correct - if this was serious..........they'd be knocking at your door.

• Ann

It was very likely a scam.  Police don't make a habit of calling and redialing like that.  They would come to your door looking for you.

Source(s): retired Dallas pd
  • Bruce

There is no reason to call that many times in that short of a span. Telemarketers and scammers are able to spoof calls to make it look like they come from another number. 

The police would not call you if you were a suspect or if they needed information from you.

They would be knocking on your door.

If you get a call like this it is a scam.

If you were suspected of a crime, they would of sent officers directly to your door with a warrant.

Keep in mind that phone numbers can be faked/spoofed when you receive a call, thanks to the sh-t mobile companies for allowing this to happen.

phone numbers can also be spoofed by scammers