Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

How to meet people in your 20's when you work alone and there are no clubs/groups/etc. in your area?

Obviously COVID has put a damper on this as well, but this has been going on since well before COVID and I am wanting to know what I should do when people start feeling safe to gather again, whenever that may be. 

Ever since I moved to this town 5 years ago (yes, 5), I have had extreme difficulty meeting new people. I'm 25, and I work alone so I don't meet anyone through work. Moving and switching jobs is not an option.

I have checked Meetup and there is nothing in my area that I would meet the requirements for (a few groups are for 40 or 50+, one is a trauma support group, etc.). I am not really a bar type of person (I rarely drink), or an online chatting one. I just don't feel I can get to know someone very well online and would want to have local friends to go do stuff with. 

What do you do to meet new people?

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.