Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Why do parents treat you (28 yo) taking a nap like a crime?

I fell asleep on the couch last night and my mother was like, "go to bed earlier and get into a routine". (Yes I live with my parents still, because I can't afford to move out) but my father naps a lot too, I don't moan at him for napping, so why am I getting the **** treatment?  I was outside yesterday sawing up wood and fixing shed locks for the father. (I can't do right for doing wrong)

Your mom likes slaves and is a controlling toxic parent.

I moved out a d nap whenever I want.

I suggest you try to nap when shes gone, not home, or you go nap someplace quiet like a library, the park, beach, or put on some soft music and tell her you're studying not to bother you. Then nap away and lock the door.

You can have a heart attack not getting enough rest. 

I bet she naps and is a hypocrite. 

You obviously have chores or things you are supposed to do to contribute to the household.  Taking a nap when there's work to be done makes you look lame.  Your father is much older than you and beyond that, its his house so you don't have much right to complain since you are living off of your parents now.  Get over it or move out.

• n2mama

Probably because you’re 28 and still living at home. If you can’t afford to move out, what are you doing about that? Taking a nap? Yeah, that’s probably why your mom is pissy about it.