Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Can I put fishing gear in my luggage for a flight from Philadelphia to Orlando or is that considered a weapon?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You can put it in checked luggage.

• 2 months ago

What? I am assuming you are worried about your lures. You may bring it all with you.  (See links for instruction.)

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/what...

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/what...

My recommendation, your poles should be contained within PCV piping capped at both ends and placed in checked baggage. This is to ensure proper transport without damage. 

Enjoy your fishing excursion. 

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It can be a weapon depending what it is. For example something for spear fishing.

It can go with your CHECKED luggage. Package it for shipping that pile of everyone else's suitcases may fall on it.

The starting and ending place is not important.

From TSA

Fishing pole    Carry On Bags: Yes    Checked Bags: YesFishing rods are permitted in carry-on and checked bags; however, passengers should check with the airline to confirm that the fishing rod fits within size limitations for carry-on items.Sharp fishing tackle that may be considered dangerous, such as large fish hooks, should be sheathed, securely wrapped, and packed in your checked bags. Like other high-value objects, you may wish to pack expensive reels or fragile tackle that does not pose a security threat (small flies) in your carry-on bags.

Check YOUR AIRLINE for any specific issues. size limit,extra fees and so on.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You're fine with checked luggage.

Some of your stuff could be a problem in carry on if it could be a weapon (knives, clubs, etc).  TSA.gov has an extensive website with what you can and can't bring on a plane.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.