How many and where can I find the camshaft sensor on a 2015 chevy malibu ltz 4 cylinder 2.5 liter engine?

Any help would be great

Do a search on youtube for the camshaft sensor on your motor.

• fuzzy

It might not have one. Just because you may have a cam sensor code dosn't mean it has one. You saying waaa? GM did some weird shiite that I didn't even fully understand. (this refers to Saturn engines) some bullcrap about measuring the spark interval across the plug gap to determine cam position (wacko right?) I guess a $5 sensor was too much.(more likely they had so much idle variation that an actual sensor would be quite confused) Like their idea of using a dab of glue to hold the magnet on the cam gear of early 3.8s, and if you guessed that it usually ends up in the oil pan you win. 

The 2015 Malibu 2.5 liter has 2 camshaft sensors located near the rear of the vehicle.  Sensor number 1 is located upstream of the muffler bearing while sensor number 2 is located downstream of the muffler bearing.