should a 6yrd old boy play gt5?

so a parent buying a gta5 game for his young kid qt an ebgames the dad told to pick a game and the boy picks gta5

No, it's not appropriate for them.

The game isn't even good, either.

probably not i think a 14 year old can handle it better 

No. In Australia it’s illegal under 18 (GTA is R18+ rated and GTA: San Andreas is banned). In the EU and the UK, it is rated PEGI-18. In the US, Canada and Mexico, it is AO18+ (Adults Only 18+).

Sure, I grew up on PS3 like I've been playing world at war since I was 4 and i'm not violent

No you should at least be 15 years old but its the parents choice

While it's ULTIMATELY up to the parent to decide if they want to buy it, I do warn parents of the ESRB rating (M for Mature; Ages 17+) & some of the contents of the game (including the one part of a story mission that even pushes the envelope with adults... & I'm NOT talking about the Vanilla Unicorn here...  although I do mention it as part of the mature content).

In order to stay compliant with store regulations (as the register pops up an ID flag on M-rated games & R-rated movies), I tell the parent that I'm selling the game to them & NOT their kid... should they wish to proceed.

As an adult with nephews...  it's one of the few games in my vast library that I refuse to give them access to.  I'm more willing to allow them to play the Saints Row series (parents consenting), which has content similar to GTA... but more as a tongue-in-cheek satire, instead of GTA V (or GTA IV for that matter).

No, definitely not.

no hes too young, maybe give him it at like 15-17 ish

what is the recommended age on the game sleeve?

me personaly i let mine play i know it have M17+ it just a game is not going to ruin there life  i grow up playing those kind of games and i turn out fine  and my kids are A+ students  all their games are rate M cus thats what they love