Why did the church in Asia know Paul was a false prophet, but Christians today base their beliefs on Paul's gospel.?

Timothy 1:15

15 You know that everyone in the province of Asia(AM) has deserted me

Revelation 2:1,2

2 “To the angel[a] of the church in Ephesus write:

These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right hand and walks among the seven golden lampstands. 2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.

Update:

2 timothy

Update 2:

2 Timothy 1:15

Update 3:

I have read the whole Bible, studied it for over 40 years. We are taught wrong .

Update 4:

Disloyal? No they rejected his teaching, he is a false prophet, Bible says so.

Update 5:

Typical, can't debate the word of God without being called names, and as far as lying goes, Paul lied all the time, says so in God's word, Jesus warned us of Paul when he was alive

Update 6:

I don't believe in Paul's gospels, so don't try to preach Paul to me, he is a liar.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because even today's Asians are a lot smarter than their Western counterparts.. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Nothing in your post is accurate.

• 2 months ago

The Apostle Paul is a chosen by God. Those who do not believe Paul, do not believe God who told him what he teaches. Those who don't believe what the Apostle Paul teaches will most certainly call Paul a false prophet. How is that not common sense?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Paul was not a false prophet. Roman Catholicism wouldn't be a fan of him because he expounds on why we have grace by faith in Christ Jesus....as believers in Christ are those who trust in His accomplished works, and do not place trust in themselves to gain their salvation. Jesus paid the price fully, the highest price, which was His life to purchase and own those who entrusted their souls into His hand. We are His purchased possessions, if we belong to Him, if His Spirit is in us - which is given to us by calling on the name of Jesus, and asking Him for forgiveness of our sins.

The disciples of Jesus were on the same page with Paul. Also, Paul spent more time in Rome than Peter, who preached primarily to the circumcision (to the Jews), and it was Paul who was a Roman citizen, lived in Rome, and wrote the gospel to the Romans, which was for a Roman audience. His words are solid. You should read them. Paul understood the mercy of Jesus, because he felt like he was especially unworthy of the grace, forgiveness, and mercy of God of which he became a recipient of. God did use that man mightily, and it was primarily because of this man, and not Peter, that the Romans had the gospel preached to them, which was not Roman Catholicism, because none of the disciples nor Jesus established that. Peter was never a pope, but the first pope was Gregory, and it was the Emperor Constantine which established Roman Catholicism.

Also note that Paul was single, and Peter was a married man. Roman Catholic priests are forbidden to marry, which is a teaching condemned by the Scriptures (ref: 1 Timothy 4:1-3), but then again they teach many things which are at odds with, and in contradiction to, the words of God. Essentially they follow the spirit of errors which Jesus condemned of those of the Sanhedrin. And the Vatican is very much like the Sanhedrin, as they claim to be authoritative when it comes to God's words, and want people to look to them to understand the Scriptures, even though they have the practice of overturning God's doctrines with their own doctrines which they have made. These cults turn the people of God into the enemy, and call them infidels, but in their own hypocrisy, they condemn the innocent, and the blood of many faithful believers in God are on the hands of those who were zealous but not according to the knowledge of the truth of God.

When Saul of Tarsus (Paul) was a persecutor of God's people, set out to destroy them, God Himself set Paul straight, and gave to him correction. Before Paul was saved, he was zealous but his loyalties were misguided, but God guided Paul into the truth, and Paul ended up joining the ranks of the persecuted, becoming one with the people that he was set against.  In His foreknowledge and complete knowledge, God knows which people and what places are ready to receive His words, and who will reject Him, but there is a time and place for everything, and the gospel was always purposed to be preached to the whole world, and to people of every ethnic background.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

A)"If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.

But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'

If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Matthew 18:15-17

B)You was told to stop spreading lies by multiple people here; you still continue. We (Orthodox Church) shall treat you as Pagan because Church = two - three people gathered in the Name of Jesus (Chi girl, yours truly); enough people? Chi girl used to be like you; I begged her to start fighting heresies here; she listened (Oleg did not); we treat Oleg as Pagan.

C)Psalm 96:5 Я́ко вси́ бо́зи язы́къ бѣ́сове: Госпо́дь же небеса́ сотвори́. Because all gods of Pagans are demons. The LORD created the heavens. So, you are worshiping demons and we treat you as Pagan. And it's on you to repent, not on us to tell you this any longer; forgive us.

• 2 months ago

"The gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ." Galatians 1:11-12.

• 2 months ago

Asia was smarter  and more in tune to God.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think you need to read Matthew, Mark, Ace, and Revelation. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

This is the real verse

1 Timothy 1:1515 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.

Well they didn’t desert him for being a false prophet. It was an example of them being disloyal.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.