Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

I've Jewish root & wanna pray towards Jerusalem. I Believe in Torah Laws of G-d completely. Am I nonJew only for recognizing Quran from G-d?

Then the LORD said to me, “They have spoken well. 18I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. I will put My words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.19And I will hold accountable anyone who does not listen to My words that the prophet speaks in My name.

I don't believe in other things in Islam actually...

Favorite Answer

If you live on North America,

then that direction is mostly

down.

A bit north and east of down,

but mostly down.

Don't be fooled by flat projections

of a spherical planet.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

Oy gevalt! Once again...there’s no such thing as Jewish root! You’re not Jewish!

Islam leads to hell because it rejects the truths that the Lord Jesus Christ is God and Savior.  And Jewish people still need to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ apart from works, in order to get into heaven and avoid hell, like all people.  To get into heaven, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ without works.  When a person dies, they will be in heaven or hell, and they can't get out of hell if that is where they go.  To go to heaven and not go to hell, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your works.  Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is God and who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all our sins, and who resurrected from the dead.  See Romans 4:5 and 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.

• ?

Uh... It's not talking about Muhammad. This is in the Old Testament, meaning that what was written was actually talking about Jesus and His advent. Notice how this coincides with the following verses: 

Luke 7:39 - the Pharisee said to himself, 'if this man were a prophet...Jesus knew his thoughts and addressed them, proving to the Pharisee that he was a prophet.

John 5:46 - Jesus said "If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he (Moses) wrote about me." Moses did write about Jesus; Jesus is the prophet of Deuteronomy 18:18. Jesus claimed to be the prophet Moses foretold. 

In various places, at various times, various people called Jesus the 'prophet' of Deuteronomy 18:18, yet Jesus never corrected them, rebuked them, or told them otherwise. He always accepted those particular statements. When the Pharisees called him otherwise, He set them straight. Matt. 21:11, John 1:45, 6:14, 7:40, Luke 7:16, 24:19, etc. 

Jesus did call Himself a prophet - John 4:44 

After His ascension His disciples emphatically said He was that prophet: Acts 3:22, 7:37.

That said, although it proves that the Old Testament was actually talking about Jesus, and not Muhammad, it certainly doesn't mean it is enough to read that singular chapter alone, nevermind taking it out of context. 

Also, the verse you mentioned is wrong. It's  18 "I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among THEIR FELLOW ISRAELITES, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. 19 I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name.

Notice the verse, and read attentively. Notice especially verse 19. Do you see the problem? The thing is that God NEVER spoke directly to Muhammad. If I were to believe the Quran, God spoke to Muhammad through the angel the latter thought was Gabriel, when in reality, God actually talked to every other prophet DIRECTLY (which itself raises some red flags about Muhammad in Christianity and certainly in Judaism). 

In any case, like I said, although it proves that the Deuteronomy verse you quoted was indeed talking about Jesus, it still doesn't do justice to Jesus' true identity, which states that He is God the Son. More light is shed on this topic in the New Testament though. In any case, even if one tried, it's just impossible to relate what has been foretold in the Old Testament to Muhammad. It just doesn't fit.