Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

How can I know if my Uber eats driver person has corona?

Say they delivered food to

Me and they had corona, how would I know?

There is no way to know whether the driver is a carrier or not. You take the gamble should you order.

You don't.  That's a potential danger with takeout food. 

The good news is that your big danger seems to be from breathing near them, not from handling food.  Still, I will often try to sanitize my hands after touching the outer packaging.  This is probably overkill, but I'm paranoid about the virus.  If you want to be extra safe then you may want to open the outer packaging, such as a plastic of styrofoam container, wash/sanitize your hands, and then remove the food from that outer packaging, either with your hands (if it's something like a sandwich) or with utensils, and put in on one of your own plates.  I'd avoid eating using any plates or utensils that the restaurant provided if possible, just to be extra safe.

Even if the person had coronavirus you're not going to eat the wrapping of the food that they touched. The food inside the wrapping would still continue to be quite safe so unwrap your food then wash your hands and pick the food up out of the inside of the wrapping and put it on a plate and when you're done eating then dispose of everything and wash your hands again

It should not even matter.  The driver should be masked up.  S/he will pop the trunk and the restaurant server will put the bag in the trunk, and close it.  At your house, you will mask up, wash your hands, and take your food from the trunk.  

Unless they have a different method nowadays.

No way to know for sure. I'm worried about that too like what if they have it and spit in the food or drink? It's a guaranteed way to get it. Only some places seal their bags many don't.

It should be on your delivery ticket if you ordered corona beer with your food.

You don't

So it's a good thing that covid-19 is not easily transmitted via inanimate objects.

• Marc

You dont. And your not gonna get it from them if they just drop it off.  I know many people who are married and one got it and the other didnt and they were around each other for extended periods of time...sleeping together, having sex, sharing a bathroom and so on. Relax. Your gonna be fine

🥴 Give him a temperature check. 

You can't.

There has been a lot of news coverage about COVID-19 and asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic spread.

Someone who is asymptomatic has the infection but no symptoms and will not develop them later.

Someone who is pre-symptomatic has the infection but don't have any symptoms yet.

Both groups can spread the infection.

COVID-19 spreads easily and we believe that's because it's spread by those who don't know they're infected. We suspect that individuals who are pre-symptomatic are infectious for two to three days before having symptoms.