Major Tom asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

Can Gold fish live out of the water?

I dropped mine (by accident) on the table and it's still flopping around.. so I think so?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Get off the phone and put your fish back in the container where it belong

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depends on the species of goldfish. If you have an infamous reticulated tree goldfish then yes they can live out of the water, but you need to be careful around them considering their tendency to hunt for free-roaming potatoes.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your lack of concern will likely follow you all your life.  Which, more likely than most, will be short.  Sort of like the goldfish.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Only children ask these sorts of Questions, since adults are well...adults.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Why don't you scoop the goldfish up with a piece of paper and put him back in the bowl why let the poor thing die and suffer

• 2 months ago

I had my fish in a bucket so I could empty the tank before moving it to another location in the room. While I was doing this, Buster (the 'athletic' one!) jumped up and landed on the carpet. He was there long enough that he had passed the 'flopping' stage and was just lying on the carpet when I saw him. I quickly picked him up and put him back in the bucket. Thankfully he was ok and swam around. I sincerely hope you're just trolling. Having fish out of water is just cruel. 

• 2 months ago

I believe they can live out of the water for some seconds or minutes, but I don't think they can survive for long time because they don't have 

lungs.

• 2 months ago

They can live outside of water in the same way you can live in the water...

Sure they can survive outside of the water (for a few minutes), but it is very stressful for the fish.

• 2 months ago

I had gold fish long time back that stayed with me for long.

I brought it when the fish was small in size and got in ball pot.

But by time the fish got so huge, I felt changing into aquarium.

U can change water and keep them safe but not without Water for long.

Always change the water it's in the bowl.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.