restored motorcycle  gas tanks ?

are

1970s HONDA CB350 gas tanks collectible restored ?  is there any vintage   motorcycle   gas tanks  are worth restoring    ?  and do people want restored motorcycle gas tank and fender   set  to?

You could look at it two ways

Are they worth anything as collectibles – ie as works of art to be hung on a wall

or

Are they worth anything to restorers – ie as gas tanks

Art hung on the wall is non-functional, which means it does not have to be watertight or even complete – you could keep the patina or you could paint them/chrome them  – virtually anything.

But a restored tank needs to function – to safely hold and distribute fuel – AND it needs to be finished to a standard that a restorer wants, with patina or as a brand new colour matched tank (and the CB350 came in a number of colours all of which will have faded over time).

Either way there is a limited market.

I used to own a Honda CB650Z and can tell you that gas tanks are as rare as hens teeth here in Britain so if you find one restore it.

• adam

I agree with Ian. I would add that CB 750 FOUR SOHC are desirable tanks. Im pretty sure the paint isnt that hard due to getting the paint code is easy .