Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

What will people think of exposed self-harm scars?

I was self harming for about four years. I'm clean for about three months, but the ones on my arm are over a year old. I want to start wearing t-shirts again, but I fear that people will judge me, think I'm an attention seeker etc. The only ones I plan of showing are old ones, not fresh ones obviously. What will people think of this? Will I be looked down on?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I self harmed severely throughout my twenties and I am severely scarred even though I'm now in my forties. I'm well respected in my local community and I haven't covered my scars for several years. People tend to notice if you're self conscious and nervously trying to hide your scars or look at them yourself. If you can learn to relax about having them uncovered you'll find that 99% of people won't even notice.

• 2 months ago

Nobody is judging you. Take care, friend! x

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ha! You got LANned!

• LAN
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They will know that you are an attention seeking moron that gets off on hurting yourself.   So only abusive people will be attracted to you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm a former self harmer myself. People will not know what the scars are from unless you tell them. It's none of their business. I got a tattoo on my wrist to cover my worst one. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i am also a past cutter who has more than my fair share of cuts up and down both of my arms and i never eever cover them and i don't flipping care what people think about them as i am the one who had to live through them and if you want to know why just ask me and maybe i will tell you why

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.