Any help on my scoliosis? Thank you?

So i just went to doctor aka spine surgeon for my back i had x rays done. I was supposed to talk to the main doctor but it was only his assistant that came in the room the main doctor just looked at x rats didnt say hi or anything. His assistant just said it was scoliosis and asked if i noticed it before and hit this thing off my knees and back of ankle. I have a 47.5 degree thoracic curve with a lumbar curve compensatory. The pain is not bad on most days but some days it gets bad. Only in the lower left hip side. My right femur is shorter then my left and my left tibia is longer then my right? Help? Is that LLD. Also i found out i have a anterior pelvic tilt i notice it when standing or laying on back. The doctor never said what type of scoliosis or what to do i told him i have been working out alot which i stopped for awhile and this became a problem with my spine and its been helping i do bodyweight workouts and im focusing on working on my abs and butt muscles because i heard it helps with my anterior pelvic tilt. The doctor didnt do the adams bend forward test to see if i have functional scoliosis i took a picture nine months ago on my back and and i took another recently it looks slightly different i showed him but he didnt say anything. I need help i wanna fix this and know what is happening with my back they scheduled me for next year to see if it progresses. Should i go chiropractor or scoliosis specialist i dont know. The picture is recent 

Attachment image

3 Answers

  • 3 months ago

    After a curve exceeds 45  degrees, then gravity tends to accelerate the deformity. 

    Not knowing your age and degree of skeletal maturity helps to predict ability to improve with bracing. The bending forward is to judge the amount of rotational deformity. 

    Most spine surgeons do not deal with scoliosis correction surgery. The goal is to improve the curve, fuse the segments involved to prevent the curve from progressing. It can affect your heart and lung function , in addition to causing discomfort.

    Source(s): 1st assist with fellowship trained Orthopedic Spine Surgeon, in the past
  • Marc
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    At this point you should be going to the chiropractor and massage therapist on a regular basis.

  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    A chiropractor cannot alter your spine . Presume you saw an Orthopaedic surgeon, sounds as if nothing can be done at present. A scoliosis specialist IS an orthopaedic surgeon. 


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.