I own a leasehold flat do i need to get a permission to install tv bracket to wall or put a wallpaper up?

Is there a legal definition of "internal non-structural alterations or additions"? 


Ok what about internal non- structural alteration 

4 Answers

  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    You do not need permission for an internal television bracket or for wallpaper.  A structural alteration would be something that affects a wall or support beam.  For example, widening the entrance to your kitchen would be structural even if a surveyor determines that it is not load bearing.  The idea is to prevent someone in the building doing something that makes the entire building collapse.  That does happen from time to time.

    In addition, you will need a Licence to Alter if you want to make changes to the exterior or room count.  So moving the kitchen to the living room would be both a structural alteration and would require a Licence to Alter from the freeholder.

    Decorations are never structural.

  • 2 months ago

    Those are both internal and non structural.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    No, you own the 4 walls but not the land it is built on. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.