J asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

When do you wear a jockstrap?

I am just curious to see when and where a guy wears a jockstrap. Is it like an everyday item or just once in a while?

Most of the time it's only when they play sports but sometimes guys just like to wear them

• edward

Usually while playing contact sports and soccer.  And it’s called a cup when it’s a solid piece to protect the genitals.  I know a guy who wears jocks all the time (they sell them without the cup insert) but it’s not my preferred cut of underwear, i have done it before, i just found it uncomfortable, even wearing no underwear is more comfortable for me.   

• Joe

Only when playing sports, running, or working out.

• donnie

I never have and don’t plan on it

• D50

They're often worn in gay porn videos.

• ron h

They're not very popular any more.  Compression shorts do a similar, but different job of holding a man's nuts safely against his body and some hold a plastic cup to protect them from impact.   Some runners use them.

,

There's some fetish wear among gay men. They wear them under tight pants and even as sleepwear.  

For sports use only..............

The jockstrap was originally designed with the idea in mind of holding a hard shell "cup" in place. The athletic cup acts as a shield for the genitals. Mostly it's a just in case type of thing for when playing sports, especially contact sports. For example in football, wrestling, baseball, hockey etc. Anything where you might catch a knee, shin, or projectile to the nads by accident.

You can wear it when ever you want, but you don't really need to wear it outside of athletic activities. That's why it is called a JOCK strap. After "jocks,"  or athletic enthusiasts / participants of sports.

• Murzy

sports, swimming, hernia

• kelvin

they are meant to be worn when doing phsical activities or sports that include any type of contact