Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Is it bad when I live at home at age 45 years old and do not have a job, I have aspergers?

I'm 27, have Asperger's and still living at home too. I can't work due to my Asperger's and other mental health conditions on top of that, so you're not alone.

However, I am still pretty independent, as I do a lot of things by myself and don't really rely on my mother for anything anymore. In my opinion it's only "bad" when you're choosing not to work (deliberately - not like for a medical reason or anything like that like I do), so you can be lazy and be a scrounger, and have your parents (or whoever you live with) do everything for you. Hope this helps.

Not really sure why everyone is attacking you. I will say that I'd discourage you from letting AS serve as a primary reason to not work. However, it is highly possible that you have an additional mental health diagnosis. Many with autism have bipolar disorder and/or other mood disorders. Feel confident in your abilities. Those I know with AS have incredible talents. Try to harness your interests and have confidence (not *********) that you're probably just as qualified (if not more qualified) than the next candidate for the job. 

• Willie

So where will you go once your parents are dead and you can't live alone?

Its OK as long as you enjoying your life... Of course the life budget is a considerable to think of but its not the matter if you wants to have a real personal life instead of them who outside there struggling and battling for success in career but at the end... They miss the life their not enjoy when living...

Hey, Friend. It is not bad - it's just what is. Your life is your own, and no one has any right to judge you. Best wishes! x

It is High end autism.  So you may have some social interaction difficulties.  If applying for a job state exactly what you do that is weird. Employers will put you in a job that is suited to your skills.  If you cannot interact with people, then it is NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

. Do not use the labeling as a reason why you can't work. We all can.  Just some are more suited at some jobs than you.  In that way, you climb the ladder.  

.   Actually it seems to me the Elon Musk has some form of autism.  But it has not stopped him.

• LAN

Yes.   Posting this question that you can't figure out all on your own also shows what an idiot.You are on top of that.

Move out,, get a job and do not have aspergers. People will make fun of you

• Asep

Is your aspergers preventing you from working? You can try to find remote work

Well, at least you have a home to go to, thank the Lord.