Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Is it bad when I live at home at age 45 years old and do not have a job, I have aspergers?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I'm 27, have Asperger's and still living at home too. I can't work due to my Asperger's and other mental health conditions on top of that, so you're not alone.

However, I am still pretty independent, as I do a lot of things by myself and don't really rely on my mother for anything anymore. In my opinion it's only "bad" when you're choosing not to work (deliberately - not like for a medical reason or anything like that like I do), so you can be lazy and be a scrounger, and have your parents (or whoever you live with) do everything for you. Hope this helps.

• 2 months ago

Not really sure why everyone is attacking you. I will say that I'd discourage you from letting AS serve as a primary reason to not work. However, it is highly possible that you have an additional mental health diagnosis. Many with autism have bipolar disorder and/or other mood disorders. Feel confident in your abilities. Those I know with AS have incredible talents. Try to harness your interests and have confidence (not *********) that you're probably just as qualified (if not more qualified) than the next candidate for the job. 

• Willie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

So where will you go once your parents are dead and you can't live alone?

• 2 months ago

Its OK as long as you enjoying your life... Of course the life budget is a considerable to think of but its not the matter if you wants to have a real personal life instead of them who outside there struggling and battling for success in career but at the end... They miss the life their not enjoy when living...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Hey, Friend. It is not bad - it's just what is. Your life is your own, and no one has any right to judge you. Best wishes! x

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It is High end autism.  So you may have some social interaction difficulties.  If applying for a job state exactly what you do that is weird. Employers will put you in a job that is suited to your skills.  If you cannot interact with people, then it is NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

. Do not use the labeling as a reason why you can't work. We all can.  Just some are more suited at some jobs than you.  In that way, you climb the ladder.  

.   Actually it seems to me the Elon Musk has some form of autism.  But it has not stopped him.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes.   Posting this question that you can't figure out all on your own also shows what an idiot.You are on top of that.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Move out,, get a job and do not have aspergers. People will make fun of you

• Asep
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Is your aspergers preventing you from working? You can try to find remote work

• 2 months ago

Well, at least you have a home to go to, thank the Lord.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.