I got involved in a car accident which was not my fault. I left messages for her insurance adjuster. He won't call back. Is this deliberate?

The incident happened on 11/21/2020.  I was obeying all traffic laws when I was broad sided by a drunken driver; that was running a stop sign.  The reason I know driver was drunk; is because other driver fled scene on foot.  Then; when police caught up to her did field sobriety tests.  She was shortly thereafter booked into the local jail for DUI.  I come to find out she had some insurance.  It was "The General" in short.  The incident happened on a saturday.  I waited until business hours on monday; and no one from her insurance company will speak to me or help me.  I had my insurance company leave them messages; and they weren't able to speak with anyone either.  What is going on?  Is this a deliberate move by other driver's insurance company to avoid.?  In the meantime; my trailer for work is destroyed...and I am out of business as small business owner.  What should I do?  Only serious answerers need reply.  No sarcasm or mean remarks please.   


Incase it really matters:  I am declaring what type car other driver was driving.  I need help, and I am all alone in this matter.  The other car was a 2006 Mercury Monteco.  Can someone please help?

Update 2:

There was a police report filed.  I only have general liability on my insurance; so my insurance said I am on my own with going after "The General".  Since I did not have "collision" on my policy, It is out of USAA's hands.  

Attachment image

9 Answers

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    I see several problems. One of them is YOUR posted inability to understand anything complicated, and this is complicated. “I have limited focusing abilities. Not having collision on a vehicle you use for work is foolish, but it’s to late for that now.

    Yes, your carrier is out of this problem and has no responsibility.

    I work in the insurance industry. “The General” has a TERRIBLE reputation. They will ignore you, negotiate, drag this out until you are forced to accept less than you should receive because you need the money to repair the vehicle. Her representative will NOT talk to you until they first talk to her. That’s very standard in the industry. The also will NOT talk to you until they get a copy of the Police Report. That’s very standard in the industry.

    I have NO idea why your insurance carrier attempted to contact hers if you don’t have collision insurance.

    The vehicle the other driver was operating is immaterial. I’d be MORE concerned why she was insured by “The General.” She is probably a very high risk driver. Do you know if her policy was even in effect?

    The accident was three days ago. It is NOT unusual to wait a week for an Adjuster to be assigned to an accident and begin the investigation. Every now and then an insurance carrier denies coverage when the driver is intoxicated. I see this primarily in NY.

    You can always send a letter, registered and receipt requested, DEMANDING that an adjuster contact you. In the meantime, gather the paperwork- estimates, Police Report, witness statements (if there are any). You can also immediately file in Small Claims Court.   You can also make the repairs and THEN sue the other driver.

    The time frame you are describing is NOT unusual. Again, and it’s too late now, if you have collision then YOUR company argues with the other driver’s company and you are not in the position you are presently in.

  • 2 months ago

    It is your insurance company's job to interface with the insurance company of the person who hit you. They know what they are doing, let them handle it.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    There is no conspiracy going on here, just the reality that business doesn't occur as quickly as you demand.  Have you submitted a police report?  Have you gotten repair estimates?  Can you prove your daily loss of business if demanded to do so?  I mention these things because for you (or your insurance company) to make a claim against the other driver (and/or their insurance company) you will need to prove how much it should be.  So during this time you can get your ducks in a row while the other driver and their insurance company gets up to speed.  Don't be afraid to ask your insurance company for guidance.  Good Luck.

  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    This is your insurers job, this is what you pay them for.

    Keep out of it.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    I give the insurance company one chance, then file a lawsuit in small claims. The General is an online service, so it is unlikely they will even send someone to appear. 

    You can also just file with your insurance company, but you will have to pay your deductible. 

  • 2 months ago

    You didn't say if you got a police report.  Turn it over to your insurance company and let them handle it.

  • ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    You just gotta report it to your insurance and leave it to them to take care of, that's what you paying them for so just chill.  When you speak to your insurance just let them know all your damages including any lost income and they'll get it from the lady's insurance and give it to you.

    For now just chill 

  • 2 months ago

    You leave it to your insurance company. They will sue her company.

  • John
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    What kind of car was the offender driving? 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.