Edward asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

I am becoming frustrated. When I select a category and then ask a question, the category disappears while I ask. It appears in the Wrong cat?

I select a category, science and mathematics. I ask a question. The category disappears at this time. The question then appears in the Wrong category. Can you help?

• .
    Favorite Answer

You cannot pre-select a category before posting a question. The computer system that runs YA selects a category, based on keywords in your post. Sometimes it selects an inappropriate category/subcategory due to keywords that can be applied to various subjects or no useful keywords at all. If your question lands in a subcategory where it is not applicable, you may (and should) relocate it to an appropriate subcategory. That is done by clicking Edit (or the pencil icon) beneath your post, then selecting Edit category. 

• ?

If you post a question go to your question, click 'Edit' and then select 'Edit Category'. You will see a list of categories and can move it where you want it.

• LAN

Then do it the right way and select the category after you post a question.

• ?

We have not been able to select a category before posting a question for the last 7 YEARS.

After posting the?question, you need to to Edit the Cate gory by left kicking or tapping either the "Edit" hyperlink to the lower right of the question or th e pencil icon to the right, then left click or tap "Edit Category," then MOVE

The?question to the correct category and sub sub category. OR you could be the sub category IN THE QUESTION.