Odyssey asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

TSA QUESTION: Makeup Guidlines? Carry-On? Check-In? ?

For my 24th birthday I am going to Vegas ( next year ) I am a makeup artist so I will be doing not only my own makeup but, friends as well. I will be bringing the following or VERY similar: James Charles MINI Palette, A good range of foundations like 4-6 different shades, makeup brushes/beauty blenders, setting sprays, a few skincare items, bronzers, highlighters, blush etc. everything I will need for a full face of makeup for my clients but keep it minimal. I know the 3.4 OZ rule I was just curious if it should be a carry on or should I do a well packed/organized checked bag? 

Checked. Not only is there a volume limit per liquid, to carry it on, ALL of your liquids must fit into a single quart-sized bag.  So anything liquid from hairspray to tooth paste has to fit into that one little bag. For most women it is hard to fit in their own stuff (shampoo, conditioner, etc.) let alone makeup for other people.  

You definitely don't want to risk having TSA confiscate your stuff on the way to the gate.

• ?

All that stuff should go in checked baggage. That's way too much for a carry on. The TSA has  a very helpful website that details what is and is not allowed in carry on luggage. https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/what... The final decision belongs to the TSA agent before you board. Once TSA confiscates items you don't get them back. It's best to place all powders, toiletries, cosmetics , skin care and hair care products in checked bags so you don't need to worry about limits.