Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Is the military like prison?

Do soldiers have any freedom and rights? Can they move around freely?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Nope, but you do have sensible restrictions. Keep in mind that the individual did chose to have such an onus upon their shoulders. A dog of the military.

• 2 months ago

No,  it is not like prison.   People in the military are volunteers and if they do not like it they can simply finish their tour and get out.     What freedoms you may give up is for the common good of the nation.   That is something civilians just do not seem to grasp,    giving up something for yourself for the benefit of others.    Like wear a mask!!

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Of course not.  Who would voluntarily spend decades in prison?  You go to work, do your job, and go home almost every day.  Occasionally you get sent to some desert craphole for a few months,  but then you come home.  

• John
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Not even close unless you are a prison guard at Leavenworth. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Not at all.  The military is much like any other government job, except that we wear uniforms so you can see who is boss.  Working conditions are very similar though.  I have been military for 43 years now, and I have freedom, rights, and can go where I like.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Weenies are not needed in our military so don't worry about it. 

• Dv8s
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That depends on where you go in the military and if there's a war going on.  My friend went to Okinawa, Japan and said it was fun, lots of hookers and good drugs.

• 2 months ago

Military prison, by the way, is where soldiers who have committed offences are sent to serve out their sentence. In most respects it is similar to civilian prison. In my experience of the military, there was less freedom than civilian life, but still much more than prison.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.