df
Lv 4

Why do people blame the bank for foreclosure on a house instead of taking responsibility for missing the mortgage payments?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because nowadays , nothing is ever your fault. No one takes responsibility for their actions and act like little children. No one told us / we’re confused .

Walk into the road without looking - car drivers fault.

You have to be told your coffee is hot or a packet of peanuts, “contains nuts”.

• 2 months ago

Foreclosures happen in a lot of different circumstances. Not always just non-payment to a bank. Not all mortgages are provided by banks anyway. Without a good understanding of what the whole process is about and a good grasp of the rights of homeowners and financial institutions, it's the most likely blame that can be issued. 

• 2 months ago

Rick with best answer

• Rick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

it CAN'T be MY FAULT, so it must be SOMEBODY ELSE'S !!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Because they feel they are Entitled and want everything for free.

• 2 months ago

Same reason people blame landlords for tenants who can't afford rent, or McDonalds for obesity - (some) People are always trying to avoid individual, personal accountability for their actions and looking for someone else to blame.

• 2 months ago

I don't know and it is common.  It is not the bank's fault that you had bad luck and they are not in business to go bankrupt.  I have heard of people who should know better just destroying a house because they couldn't make the payments to keep it. 

• 2 months ago

Many people do not take the responsibility for their actionss and always blame others. 

• 2 months ago

The psychology term for it is rationalization. Everyone rationalizes something, sometimes every day.

• n2mama
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The same reason renters think landlords should have savings to cover their rent for months on end, but they are not responsible for having emergency savings themselves to cover rent.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.