R&P- An example of a song you have played in-situ?

I mean you were at a place in time, and you consciously selected the song to listen to at that time and place...a favourite spot, a beach, a walk through town- whatever. Let me know :)

Brilliant Staap! I do have one question for a car guy like yourself though...Is it guitar manufacturers inspiring pin striping on hot rods or vice versa?

Happy Christmas Killmouseky!

Favorite Answer

Beatles "In My Life."  I dedicated it to my new wife just after we were married in our back yard on 30 Sep. 1995.  

• dman63

I can think of a couple.  We used to go camping with a group of friends every August for the Civic Holiday long weekend.  In the morning I’d usually be up a little earlier and I’d go for a drive to pick up a few things and grab an early coffee.  I always played “Civil War” by Guns n’ Roses - great for clearing out the cobwebs.  Another summer, about 4 years ago, my wife and I were up North at the family cottage.  That week, every time I went for a drive I had “Exile On Main Street” from the Rolling Stones cued up, and I don’t know how many times I listened to “Rocks Off” and “Sweet Virginia”.  I guess they just put me into a good head space.

It wasn't in a particular place, but on my 22nd birthday, I played "When Yer Twenty Two" by The Flaming Lips. I was really feeling the lyrics at that time.

https://youtu.be/jSdJE3uPnBc

Youtube thumbnail

You mean played outside?

No, unless it's a concert I'm attending or a busker I don't listen to music outside.

• ?

This is perfect for whenever I go out for a run. I mean the sound, the tempo, the name, the feel of invincibilty... =)

Yota - The Runner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5GF2G893OE

Youtube thumbnail

• ?

Hahaha why of course Sir, like most of us ........ I JUST GOT PAID

man : )

YEAH here we go, that kinda situation

Rock those cans Brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVlSkN-ytxM

Youtube thumbnail

UPDATE : IMHO, it was car guys, or possibly Motorcycle riders who began Pin Striping. * On a side note, several of my Chevelles I had a special paint job put on them. One in particular was gorgeous. It was called "War & Peace". Had a scene of outer space on one side (Peace). And a WW I trench warfare battle scene on the other side of the car. Another car was Blue Metal flake paint, multi colors of blue for shading with big water splashes from under the front tires down the side and over the top of the truck lid as if running through rain water. These were1967 Chevelles. They had long somewhat flat sides on the car's body so were a perfect canvas for a scene to be painted on.

* Right now I have an old 1969 Yenko Camaro in the Garage. A YSC (Yenko Super Car) A 427 Big Block Chevy, guaranteed by Don Yenko to run an 11:00 second flat quarter mile or he would like his car back to fix it : )

That car has 22,000 ORIGINAL miles ... and yes Sir, is ferocious, still runs an 11 second quarter. SO funny these days. People gather around it, Girls say "What a cute car". I start it up and everyone takes a step or two back.

My Hallie on her first ride asked "is there something wrong with your car?" I told her put the seat belts on, and we'll see. When she stopped screaming, her reply was "I almost pee'd myself".