2004 Honda Pilot wheel alignment? the technician says all the numbers are good (caster,Camber and toes) but still pulling to the right?

I replaced the front strut assembly, stabilizer Link, bushing and ball joint on lower control arm myself with help of a friend then bought a brand new tire at kaltire.

two times they tried to align but it seems pulling on the right side, what would be the problem? anything you can advise so that I can tell them on my next schedule.

My plan is to loosen the nuts on the top of the front strut and re-torque, my suspect is the problem or adjustment is on the front strut> Thanks in Advance

The pull is strong and feels like the steering wheel skip from straight directly to the right, specially with small bump or uneven road. 

The pull on the right is while driving, when I let go of the steering wheel.

Replaced the bushing and ball joint. Thanks

• hart

"steering shaft not in center"

Bad tires could cause this. Unevenly worn tires. If you replaced the shocks and all that and the tires were worn, it could be the issue.

First check tire pressure. so the left side is equal to the right side...and that the tires are the same tread.

. then jack up the one side and rotate the wheel by hand & listen for a scraping sound which is the brake pads as they are that close.  Both front wheels should have the same drag feel.

.  The wheel alignment tech should have done the bushing and ball joint first instead of riding on his thumb.

. Then you got to look at the road you are driving on.  Some slope away from the center line more than others(this is for rain drain off.) Because of this slight slope the car will always pull to the right.  

• ?

Dragging brake.

The pull may be happening because of bad lower control arm bushings. You need to pry on the bushings with the vehicle on the ground.  If you jack the vehicle up the control arm will hang in a position where the bushings are not worn and you won't see any play when prying it. Hard one to catch.

The other thing is if the pull to the right happens while braking the caliper slides or pistons on the left front may be seized. I'm assuming the rear alignment was done before the front was adjusted.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Barry

I think the problem is you bought one new tire. To ensure equal traction and steering both front tires should be the same. A difference in make, tread pattern or depth will have an adverse effect.

Roads are sloped to drain rainfall. Usually a car will not go straight down them. Just so you know

Change the front wheels side to side, it's probably a tire pull.

You didn't say why you replaced parts. If it's because you hit something you probably have a bent control arm, knuckle, or subframe.

I would switch the two front wheels and see if the tracking changes. Are the alignment techs looking at the rear alignment at all? That affects the tracking too. 

Reading between the lines you hit something with the right front wheel to cause you to change out parts over there. You might have bent vehicle sub-frame. Who knows.