If I restore my MacBook, will that delete all of my information? Including credit cards and Apple Card?

So I did a factory retire and erased my MacBooks hard drive because I am selling it to someone. I just want to make sure, do I need to do anything else to delete my info? Or that should be deleted already when I did a restore right? I also signed out of my apple account and deauthorized the laptop itself. Should I be good with credit cards and other log in info after I restored it?

Thank you!

• keerok

A reset will delete all your files and data from the hard drive. A crafty computer user can recover it.

There are two ways to make sure your data can't be retrieved any more from the hard disk. One is to wipe the data off it. There are utility software for this purpose. The second and safest way is to remove the hard disk from the computer. Keep the hard disk and sell the computer without it. This will obviously lower the price but your data is safe with you. You can provide a substitute hard disk if you want. Just inform the buyer about it.

• David

Yes that sounds good enough. The Erase option provides ways to repeatedly overwrite the data on the Mac drive with ones and zeroes in what is called a secure erase. If the Mac has had financial or other private information on it at any time, it’s a good idea to do a secure erase. Click Security Options, select the erase method desired, then click OK. Note that the most secure method can take days.