Sara asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

I am going to make baked Mac and cheese in a square 8x8 pan. How many servings will an 8x8 pan hold?

That depends how big your servings are, but I'd say 4 generous servings.

• ?

I'd say about 6 servings.

Depends who's eating, whether it's a main dish or a side dish. I'd say four fairly generous servings as a main dish for an average person. You know who you're feeding. Is it four little old ladies like me, or some teenage football players? What's a generous serving for the old ladies might be a mere appetizer for the football players.

Anywhere from 9-16, depending on how much you are going to put out for each person. If they are going to dish out their own, then probably count on less servings.

• kswck2

Depends on how you are serving it. As a main course, figure on 4 portions. As a side dish 5 maybe 6.  

I think about 6 servings.

• denise

It depends on the servings, 4 for medium portions to have with something else.

Or 2 if its the main dish [more generous portions].

• Janet

The same number of servings as if you cooked it in a saucepan. The container doesn't shrink or expand the amount of food.

I suspect that if you bake Mac 'n Cheese, you will end up with a dried out tough product that you end up throwing out.