Sara asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

I am going to make baked Mac and cheese in a square 8x8 pan. How many servings will an 8x8 pan hold?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

That depends how big your servings are, but I'd say 4 generous servings.

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I'd say about 6 servings.

• 2 months ago

Depends who's eating, whether it's a main dish or a side dish. I'd say four fairly generous servings as a main dish for an average person. You know who you're feeding. Is it four little old ladies like me, or some teenage football players? What's a generous serving for the old ladies might be a mere appetizer for the football players.

• 2 months ago

Anywhere from 9-16, depending on how much you are going to put out for each person. If they are going to dish out their own, then probably count on less servings.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Depends on how you are serving it. As a main course, figure on 4 portions. As a side dish 5 maybe 6.  

• 2 months ago

I think about 6 servings.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It depends on the servings, 4 for medium portions to have with something else.

Or 2 if its the main dish [more generous portions].

• Janet
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The same number of servings as if you cooked it in a saucepan. The container doesn't shrink or expand the amount of food.

I suspect that if you bake Mac 'n Cheese, you will end up with a dried out tough product that you end up throwing out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.